Thursday, February 26, 2009

Week 1 Update

S0, the first week of my "organize my life challenge" didn't turn out as planned! First, my daughter spiked a 103 fever & we later found out she had strep. Ok - we can handle that. Next, I start feeling a little funny. Went to the Dr. immediately to see if I too had strep. Negative. About 2 hours after I leave the Dr. I get a fever, chills, aches, etc. Turns out I caught a stomach flu. I am convinced that I picked it up during my 3 hour wait at the pediatrician earlier in the week.

Given that I am 8.5 mos pregnant, I didn't bounce back from this little illness too well. My wonderful husband did everything for days ... even as he was feeling sick himself.

I am finally starting to feel like myself again & have gotten some decluttering done today. So, here's my progress report so far:

  • Created a "to do" list with red, yellow & green priority indicators (in excel, of course).
  • The "red" items are all things that must be done before this baby comes. Washing clothes, taxes, etc.
  • I have gotten a couple of red items done... but for some reason I've focused on the yellow & green more. I just cannot help myself!
I am getting ready to start another "red" item - washing baby blankets & bibs. Let's hope I don't get distracted between the computer and the washing machine.

No comments: